Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hawaii



Like I said in the previous blog, we didn't get many pictures before our camera broke, so I drew some pictures of our whale watching experience (these drawings are so good, there is no need for real pictures!). I forgot to mention that we also got gourmet snacks that consisted of celery sticks, carrots, olives, zucchini, tomatoes and potato chips! Ha ha, I was thinking we were going to have the chance to taste some Hawaiian food! Oh, and the "boat" wouldn't start up again after they turned it off to get the whales to come closer to us. They kept saying "oh, don't worry, this happens from time to time. We will have it started any time now. " It took them at least 30 minutes to get it started and it was clear from the look on their faces that they were pretty worried it wasn't going to start. Despite all of that, it was still an amazing experience! My mom emailed me some of the pictures she took of the trip, so I'm putting those up along with the few that we got with our camera. Keira actually a picture of the little boat we were in, so you can see how truly dinky it was! Oh, and my mom, Kiera, and Sam were kind enough to watch little Addy while we went on our little adventure.
Matt was very brave and jumped off this cliff with Sam!We got shave ice almost every day!

3 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Jen, I love the pictures that you drew. You are right....no need for pictures from a camera! Those first two pictures are amazing! I have to admit that if I saw that little boat I would be freaking out about it. Did Addy go? She is getting so big! It sounds like something you'll never forget....even the genuine Hawaiian meal!

Mike and Wendy said...

Your hand drawn pictures are the best!!! I'm totally LOL about them, as well as your experience. I'm sure you'll remember that and laugh over it for a long time!
Addy is adorable and I'm glad to see you're getting some use out of some of the clothes we sent. (BTW, did you got the package I sent about a month ago?)
And GO MATT for jumping off the cliff! I would NEVER in a million years have done it!

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous, your trip looks awesome, and I especially love your drawings. I think they really captured the moment.