Friday, April 16, 2010

Projects

Just before Addy was born, I really got into crafts....mostly for Addy's room. Here are a few of the little projects I have been working on.

My first project was recovering and painting an old toy box that Kiera and I shared when we were little. My dad actually carved the legs himself. I wish I had a "before" picture. It was a very nice toy box when Kiera and I were little, but it was looking pretty dingy when I got it. The cushy top that was once pink, had turned brown/pink and there were crayon scribbles all over the front and sides of the toy box, not to mention a few gouges here and there. Anyway, I recovered the top with minkie (I don't even know how to spell it!), repainted the wood and then hand painted some little flowers on the sides. I think it turned out pretty good!

My second little project was the butterfly mobile. I found the kit at Ben Franklins and then I just covered the butterfly pattern with some cute scrapbook paper. I saw the paisley design on a little butterfly on some scrapbook paper and thought it was cute so I sort of copied it and added some flowers. Addy loves to look at her butterfly's!

I found this idea at Ben Franklins as well. All you do is cut out a piece of paper to fit the clock, take the face of the clock off as well as the hands, and then mod podge the paper on. I used flowers instead of numbers, but you can use the number stickers. Then you just put everything back together and you have a cute little clock. I got my clock at wal mart for like, $5.
I found the wooden letters for Addy's name at JoAnns, painted the wood pink and the mod podged scrapbooking paper on the letters. Then I stapled the ribbon on the back of each letter and tied a bow at the top. I did the same thing with these picture frames! So easy and cute!

I still have to put pictures of Matt's family members in the the empty frames.
My most recent project has been making these cute little shoes. I'm sort of obsessed. I LOVE fabric! It is so fun/dangerous for me to go into a fabric store and look at all the patterns. I'm the same way with paper!

I only have one little pair of boy shoes for my nephew, but I am planning to make more. I made some for a girl that Matt works with. She has a little boy. They were so cute and I wish I would have taken a picture. They were red and dark blue. The blue fabric was kind of a cowboy bandanna pattern. Anyway, it has been really fun learning how to sew. HARD, but fun!









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute projects - and I love all those little shoes!

Laura said...

I need cute shoes like that for Lyv...were they hard to do? Oh yeah...we're moving to Washington state! We can't believe it...it's all happened so fast but we're so excited! Hope that you're doing well.