Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Brayden Matthew Lerch


Our sweet little Brayden was born Thursday, November 10th at 4:10 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and was 21 inches long. He's a big boy! I was induced one week early. Imagine if I had gone until my due date! I would have given birth to an almost 10 lb baby! The delivery of Brayden was a much better experience than that of Addy which I am grateful for. The recovery has been much better as well. Here we are awaiting his arrival.


Here he is!




He had some jaundice unfortunately and has been under the lights for the past five days.
Addy warmed up to him pretty quick and is constantly wanting to give him kisses and see how he is doing. She has her own little baby that she takes care of as well and it has been kind of fun to watch her follow my actions. When I change Brayden's diaper, she changes her baby. When it's time for Brayden's nap, her baby has a nap. While he was under the lights, I constantly had to keep her from putting her baby under the lights as well.
Brayden is such a little sweetheart, and we are grateful to have him in our family.

4 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Congratulations!!! He looks so perfect. I think he will be blonde too! I'm so glad to hear that things went better the second time around. Maybe we both had horrible experiences first just so that every other time we had babies it would seem a lot better? : ) I love the name Brayden Matthew. Don't let Brayden fool you though - you might feel like you aren't quite as tired but you still need sleep! Post more pictures when you can. Congratulations again!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable. I'm glad that you had a good birth experience. Addy sounds like the best older sister.

Mike and Wendy said...

So glad to see some pictures! He's so cute! And it looks like he and Brennan tied for birth weight. I'm so glad this delivery and recovery was easier. :) My delivery and recovery with Easton was DEFINITELY not textbook! It was rough, but now we have a story to tell, right?!
Wish we could be there to see him at Christmas, but I just don't think it will be possible financially. :(
We love and miss you guys! And I hope Matt is feeling better too!

Frankie said...

How wonderful! What a beautiful family!! I am happy to hear you are recovering nicely. Have a Happy Thanksgiving with two kids!!! :D