Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 4

 Addy loves to put clothes and shoes on her stuffed animals.
 On this day, Addy asked me to curl her hair and paint her nails.  I had just made her a new skirt and she wanted to be pretty.  Oh and she is learning the color green, so that is why her fingernails are green.
 Most of you have probably heard of Pinterest.  Well, I'm sort of addicted.  When I first started pinning, I realized that I was wasting a lot of time pinning things I wasn't actually trying.  I decided that needed to change or I would have to stop spending time on pinterest.  Since then I have tried quite a few things.  I plan to put pictures of those projects up in some of my future posts as well as feedback on whether they worked or were just a waste of time.  In the picture above, Addy is wearing a skirt that I made from a little pattern I found on pinterest and she is sitting in a chair I built FROM SCRATCH.  I finished both projects last week.  The skirt was super easy and I plan to make lots more.  Addy loves skirts.  Here is the link for the tutorial http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-a-simple-skirt.html


 This chair was actually not too hard.  Matt showed me how to use the tools and helped me assemble one of the chairs, but for the most part, I did it all on my own.  They are not perfect, but honestly, I kind of like the imperfections.  They give my chairs character. Here is the link  http://ana-white.com/2011/01/extra-tall-bar-stool.html
Brayden turned 7 months old on Sunday.  Isn't he the cutest!  He has pretty much perfected the army crawl and gets around pretty good.  He's going to be crawling in no time!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so amazed at your projects. Wow! I have the same problem with Pinterest - I need to get away from the computer and start trying some things! You're amazing!

Can't believe both babies are so close to crawling. I have a feeling life is about to get a lot more busy!

Mary and Gary said...

Who are you?!

Watch out or Matt will start buying you tools for your birthdays. Ha. That chair is amazing. Period.

Addie is such a girl - and that is such a contrast to my life right now. I wish I could paint her fingernails - even if she wants 'garbage truck green' as Hunter would call it. : )

Can you tell Brayden to stop growing up so I can meet him first?

Laura said...

Hi Jen, I love your chairs and so fun that you found them on Ana White! We actually built a white farmhouse bed and I just got done building a white rusting toy crate last week. I'm going to get wood to build a book case tomorrow. Fun and way cheaper than buying the furniture!

What fun colors you chose and your kiddies are getting so big! Hope all is well with you!