Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hilton Head











Matt and I took a trip to Hilton Head, which is a small Island in South Carolina. We were only there for a couple of days, but we had a great time. We stayed with some friends in a condo next to the beach. The night we got there it was raining and the waves were pretty big, so we decided we would go swimming. I even tried a little body surfing! I had so much fun. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures while we were on the beach.

The next day, we went to the outlet malls (that was for Matt!) and then we rented bikes. There are over 25 miles of trails on the Island apparently. Matt and I rode around by ourselves for a couple of hours and we even saw a long black snake. I don't know what kind it was, but it was just hanging out in the middle of the bike trail. We tried to get a picture, but it slid away too fast.
I haven't ridden a bike since I was like 10 years old, so I was a little scared at first, but I got the hang of it. I kind of felt like a little kid again, riding that bike. I have that classic "look mom! I'm doing it!!" picture. You know, the one where your proudly looking over your shoulder at the person behind you. Honestly, I'm lucky I didn't run into a tree trying to pull a stunt like that. Anyway, it was fun and Matt and I have decided we will eventually invest in some bikes!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I like your new blog background, it's super cute. Too bad you didn't have pictures of the ocean. I love the ocean. When I met Dan, he got me a bike for my birthday and I hadn't ridden for years. I think I had the same feeling as you did. It really is something you can learn once and always remember though.