Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So I decided that it was time for me to join the blogger world. Being as Matt and I live across the country from most of my family and friends, I thought this might be a good way to let everyone know what we are up to. We have been in Augusta for just over a year and we are unsure at this point, when we will be returning back to Utah. Matt is in the process of applying for jobs in Augusta as well as Utah. I miss my family and friends, but we both feel that we need to be out here just a little longer. We will see what happens.
Matt and I were just called to be primary teachers for the 9-year-old's. We have taught the class twice and it has been a good experience so far. I love watching Matt interact with the kids. We have one little girl in the class that has been a challenge for teachers in the past. We were told that she didn't like men, but apparently she feels differently about Matt! She warmed up to him very quickly and was eager to be near him. As we made our way down the isle of the primary room she said, "I gonna split you guys up!". Although she sat between us, she insisted we hold hands across her lap. She's a character! I have no doubt that this calling will provide many learning experiences for both of us!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Jen, I'm glad you started a blog. It looks really good. I'm looking forward to knowing what's going on in your life a little bit more. That story about the girl in primary is super cute. I'm sure you guys are awesome teachers.