Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ahhhhhh!!!


When Matt and I got engaged, the thought of handwriting names and addresses for around 150 to 200 people sounded awful, and I truly thought it was when I actually had to to it. I was such a wimp! I had only experienced a fraction of the monotony, aches and pain that I have come to know over the past two weeks. Matt and I decided we wanted to make a little extra money so we could pay off our new car quickly, so we resorted to THIS!! It may not look like much, but that's 1100 envelopes and 8 hours of work. The processes involves signing and folding each paper, followed by hand writing each name and address and stuffing the envelope. We haven't even gotten around to the other 400 or so envelopes still waiting for us. We also have to seal and stamp each envelope. That part really isn't so bad, it just makes my back hurt. Though the piles of envelopes seam never ending, Matt and I work well together and I usually get a good back rub out of it. We get 12 cents for each envelope, so it's a pretty decent deal. This car better be worth it!

3 comments:

LuAnne said...

If my math is correct,$16.5o an hour, not bad! Wait, you got a new car? When? So luckey.

Laura said...

It's about time you updated your blog!!! Sheesh...I wait and wait and wait patiently and nothing! So, I want to know how you got a job licking envelopes! We need money and I can lick! That's one of my most fabulous talents you know. Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance and....what new car did you get? Love y

Sandgren Family said...

Wow! That's alot of evelopes. I'm glad to see the two of you didn't die from envelope glue posioning (you have to watch Sienfeld to really know what I am talking about :-) ).
So do you know anyone here in UT needing envelope stuffers. I'm not doing to be getting a new car by any stretch of the imigination but some extra Christmas money would be good. Hope all is well!
Katrina