Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This and That

Matt and I celebrated our 2nd Wedding Anniversary on the 23rd of June. It's amazing how much can happen in 2 years! A lot of life changing things! I'm so grateful I have had Matt to help me through the hard times as well as be a part of the happy and exciting times! He is a wonderful husband and I feel very blessed. Since our Anniversary was in the middle of the week, we decided to do most of our celebrating on the weekend and we went to Park City. We just kind of explored and shopped around a little. We had the best Pistachio gelato! It was every bit as good as the pistachio gelato I had in Italy. I wish I could have gotten a picture of Matt's face when he ate it! He was skeptical until he had a bite of mine and then he ate all of his plus some of mine and he just kept saying "This is so GOOD!" It's not often that Matt gets that excited about food. I tend to be the food lover in this relationship! I actually did bring my camera, but it's hard for me to remember to pull it out and take some pictures. I'm working on improving that! Anyway, I did get a picture of Matt with this moose statue that I thought was pretty hilarious! Isn't she beautiful?! You can't really see in the picture, but she has long eyelashes and sequins on her eyelids. Oh and she's wearing jeans!

This past weekend, I spent the 4th of July in Idaho at my grandparents. Matt wasn't able to go because he wasn't feeling well. I helped out with a barbecue my grandma was in charge of. The town has a little parade, and then food and fireworks afterword. All I did really, was make sure people didn't take more than one cookie. That was a tough job though! It's hard to be stingy like that! The fireworks were great! We sat right under them and they were big and loud and beautiful! The next day we celebrated my grandma's birthday and I got a funny little picture of her blowing out the candles on her cake. There were so many that some of my cousins decided to roast some marshmallows! She turned 79!

The next day I spent some time with my other side of the family and celebrated my other grandma's birthday! It's always easy to remember both of my grandma's birthdays, because they are within a day of each other! It was so nice to be able to spend some time with extended family! I have so much fun just chatting and listening to their stories! I'm related to some pretty hilarious people!

Today Matt and I went in for our official ultrasound. You have to go to the appointment with a full bladder and it's completely miserable! I'm so glad they gave us a CD of everything because all I could concentrate on was NOT PEEING! I think that would be the humiliation of my life! We got some good pictures of her face, arms, hands and legs. I felt her move for the first time last night and she has just been kicking away for the past hour or so. It's such a weird feeling! Kind of like fluttering or twitching. My due date changed to November 29th. We'll see if she decides to come on that day or not!

3 comments:

Mike and Wendy said...

So glad to see a picture of the baby! Now we just need one of you all pregnant!
And I'm guessing the problem you have with remembering to take pictures will change once the baby is born!

Mary and Gary said...

Where in Idaho were you? I was down in Centerville because my sister had her baby...I thought you would be busy so I didn't call, but I'm glad I didn't because you weren't even in the same state! I love the picture of your granma blowing out her candles...look at that smoke cloud! For the first little while if feels like the baby is doing cartwheels doesn't it? It is way weird. Alien-esque. I love the ultrasound picture. What a cute little profile. She's an actual little person inside of you...can you believe it?? Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol I love that picture of matt and the moose. I can't believe you guys have been married for over 2 years and are having a baby girl. It's so exciting. I can't wait to come out there for the baby and see you guys. Miss you!