Monday, June 15, 2009

Home

I have a little catching up to do since my last post. We moved into the house in Bountiful a few weeks ago and have been busy making minor improvements. We painted the walls a nice green color and the kitchen yellow. The walls used to be kind of a mustard color. Matt fixed the door, which is great! The other door didn't close very well and had a hole in it! Matt did a great job! A few days after we moved in, we decided to figure out how to get the swamp cooler working. Matt has never dealt with a swamp cooler, so my uncle was kind enough to help us get it working. About a week after hooking up the swamp cooler, I came home on my lunch break to find water bubbling up behind the paint in the hallway! It was such an ordeal figuring out how to turn the water off! I had to get down into the crawl space and figure out where to turn the water off. Anyway, with Matt patiently helping me over the phone, I was able to get the water off. Later we found that there was a little tiny hole in the pipe. So now the hallway looks like this!



I planted a little garden in the back and it's growing! I'm so excited! In a month or two, we will have beans, peas, corn, eggplant, squash, and tons of tomatoes! It has been raining non-stop for the past weeks and so my poor tomato plants were literally uprooted. Hopefully they will recover. I also planted some flowers and herbs in the front of the house. Of course I did all of this with the help of my mom! She's the queen of gardening. I didn't take pictures of the inside of the house because we still have some work to do.
Today I had another visit with the doctor. He did an ultrasound and guess what?! We are having a girl! Matt's super excited. He was always convinced it was a girl! I'm excited too of course! She was so cute with her little legs and arms moving! It was so fun to see her!

4 comments:

TheMcGrawFamily said...

Hey How fun! Did you buy this home or are you renting? No fair a girl! I'm so jealous...j/k boys are fun too. call me soon

Giff and Shirelle said...

Oh my gosh! Your house is sooo cute! I'm jealous!! And a GIRL??? Yay!!! I can just see a cute little baby Jen!!! I wanna see pictures of your cute little belly! You have to!

Mary and Gary said...

My sister is about to have her baby, so I will be down that way (hopefully) a lot....can I come see you? Are you working? Where is Matt working? Your garden looks great! We are eating our lettuce and peas already because Gary and his "farmer senses" told him to plant it way early. I love having a garden and walking outside to figure out what I can make for dinner with the stuff I see. I just don't like waiting for the tomatoes because they are the best! A girl??!!! Thats great!!!! How are you feeling? Any names picked out? I love the widget you put on your blog with the baby floating around. Update me!

Rachel said...

Did you buy your house? It sounds like it and I am super jealous that you are living in Bountiful. Congrats on having a girl, she will be so cute.