Friday, February 19, 2010

Looks So Nasty, But Tastes Sooo Good!


I know this drink looks soooo nasty, but it's really so good! I look forward to this little drink every day! Several weeks ago we found out that Addy is sensitive to milk, so sadly, I have had to cut milk out of my diet. No cheese, no ice cream, no yogurt, no cream! These are some of my very favorite foods, and although this drink doesn't quite measure up, it's pretty close. The reason it looks so nasty is because it has spinach in it. Spinach is actually a pretty good source of calcium and I wanted to get it into my diet somehow. The problem is that I don't like spinach much. BUT, Kiera told me about this little drink and you really can't taste the spinach at all. I put 1/2 C. to 1 C. of spinach in along with 1/2 banana, a handful of whole, non-sweetened frozen strawberries (like 6 or 7) and about 1/2 C. of Simply Apple, apple juice (my favorite juice ever!). Then you just blend it all up and enjoy. Oh, Kiera also adds ground flax seeds, but I keep forgetting to pick some up. Anyway, I recommend it to anyone who wants to eat a little healthier.

3 comments:

TheMcGrawFamily said...

hey if you need flax seeds I believe I have some. Just let me know:)

Mary and Gary said...

When I read your title before coming to your blog I was kind of scared...I mean usually posts are about babies... Anyways, it does look nasty but the stuff you put in it sounds good! Remember how Katie would always put flax seed on her cereal? I bet Addie will be less sensitive to milk as she gets older. Good job being able to cut milk out of your diet (or more importantly cheese, chocolate, and ice cream). Keep the posts coming! I like seeing what you're up to. Post some of the projects you're working on or have done in the past!

Rachel said...

Jen, I tried your drink and it really does taste good! Thanks for the recipe.