Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow and Smiles

This past weekend Addy I went Dan and Shelly's cabin with my mom, Kiera, Ian and Sam. Matt had to work. Anyway, Addy had her first experience with snow. I got her all dressed up in her cute little teddy bear outfit and as you can see, she wasn't loving the snow like I had hoped. Maybe when she's a little older the feeling of snowflakes landing on her face won't bother her so much. She spent a lot of time being held. Dan called her the human baton which is true. She just gets passed around. Everyone loves to hold her (when she's not crying) and she definitely doesn't mind! She did really good at night, sleeping for six hour stretches. Then we came home and for some reason she stopped doing that and wakes up every four hours. Darn. When she got home it was clear she missed her daddy. She just kind of gazed at him for a while and then she "talked" to him for a while. She only does this with Matt. I have tried to capture it on tape but I always think of it too late. Anyway she will just sit and babble to him when he comes home and it is so cute and funny. It's like she's trying to tell him about her day. She has been smiling for about a month now and I have been trying so hard to get a picture of her smiling! The problem is that every time I pull the camera out she focuses on that instead of smiling. I did manage to get a few pictures finally! Oh, and she's rolling over one way. She can roll from her stomach to her back. I haven't been able to record that but I will!

2 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Getting good pictures of a baby is really a two person job! They're tricky and like to not do exactly what they've been doing all day long as soon as the camera comes out. That is great that she is rolling over. I love it when babies smile. It looks like you guys are really happy. She is adorable Jen!!!

Giff and Shirelle said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute! I love those pictures of her crying! How darling! You guys are such awesome parents! And how fun it is for your siblings and mom to enjoy the first niece/grandchild! That was the BEST time ever! I miss you tons and hope you are doing well!