Tuesday, April 19, 2011

16 months and news


Here is a little list of what Addy and the rest of us have been up to this month:
-Nanna came to visit for a little over a week and we had lot's of fun with her. Addy especially loved playing with Nanna and spent every second she could with her.
-Addy discovered bubbles and is now obsessed. She asks for them all day long. She can even blow bubbles herself!
-Addy FINALLY started calling me Mama a couple of weeks ago. For a while I was wondering if I was just going to be Dada forever. It was a happy day for me!
-Addy can say over 20 words now and learns a new one almost every day. She always was a talker!

-This is just a funny picture of Addy wearing one of my shirts as a dress. She pulled it out of the laundry basket about two seconds after I folded it (this is something she does often) and tried to put it on. She finally got her head through one of the sleeves and then pulled it down around her waist. She wore my shirt like this for half the day. When I tried to take it off, she threw a huge fit!
-We have been working really hard to get Addy involved in prayers for meals and bedtime and she has been pretty good about folding her arms. Tonight, she decided to say the prayer too. She closed her little eyes about half way and started jibber jabbering. It was so sweet and funny at the same time.
-Our most exciting news is that we are going to have new little member of our family in November! Addy LOVES babies and I know she will be a wonderful little helper and big sister!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!!! I like how you just sneaked your announcement in at the very end of your post.

Mary and Gary said...

I love it when toddlers say prayers....so cute!!!!! She is starting to look so big! Congratulations on the new member of the family soon!!!!!! How are you feeling? Just so you know - with Max, the delivery and recovery has been MUCH quicker!!!!!

I can't wait to find out what you're having!!!!