Friday, June 17, 2011

It's a Boy!

We just went in for our prenatal visit earlier this week and we were able to find out the sex of the baby. Matt and Kiera were right, it's a boy! While the doctor was doing the ultrasound he said "This kid is not shy! We are getting plenty of views in between the legs, but not many of the face!" He said he has never had such a clear view. That's good I guess, but I was hoping to see his little face! We have the official ultrasound in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we will get some good pictures then! I have had different symptoms this time around, so I figured it would be a boy as well. I know it's just an old wives tale that you have different symptoms with each sex, but I had to wonder. For example, with Addy, I craved frozen fruit and strawberry milk. With this little guy, I have been craving chips, french fries and fried chicken. Also, my morning sickness went away at about 12 or 13 weeks with Addy and this time around I was still feeling sick at 17 weeks. I am now 18 weeks and starting to feel better...knock on wood. Matt and I went out and bought his first little outfit and cuddly toy. I'm excited to get started on some projects for my little boy. Maybe I will try to make a quilt. Too ambitious? I have never made one before, so I'm a little nervous about it!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so exciting, little boys are so much fun. I'm sorry you've been sick for so long. Making a quilt really isn't that hard, just time consuming. I've made a couple and if I can do it than anyone can.

Mike and Wendy said...

Needless to say all the Lerch boys are glad to be making a come back! AND, since Brittany's having a girl that means you get all of our boy clothes. We're excited to have Brayden join the family (Is that still what you're planning to name him?)
And we're very glad you're feeling better!