Friday, March 23, 2012

Addy Update




Our little Addy seams to be less and less "little" every day. She has especially changed quite a bit since she turned two. Here is the most recent Addy list:
* She still loves her babies and loves to take care of them. She observes me pretty closely and does her best to mimic me. She even "feeds" her baby when it cries....through her belly button :)
*She has recently developed an obsession for the Disney movies Lady and the Tramp and Bambie. She asks to watch them pretty much all day long.
* She just learned to do somersaults and she is very proud of herself
* She thinks every color is the color orange, so I'm assuming this is her favorite color?
* She loves to have pretty toenails and even thanked Heavenly Father for them in her prayers the other night.
* She knows how to change her baby's diaper and tries to change Brayden's every time he is on the floor.
* She is a girly girl and loves to wear dresses and skirts.
* She loves bubble baths
* She is still a very picky eater, but she will usually eat her dinner if she can have a treat after.
* She has a great memory and can remember the words to most of her books. I like to sit outside her door and listen to her "read" to her dolls and stuffed animals. So cute!
* She loves to sing, but when you try to sing with her she gets louder and louder....I don't know if it's because she is excited or because she just doesn't want to hear the other persons voice?
* She wants to do everything herself. She gets dressed herself (several times a day I might add). She buckles herself in her car seat. She wants to open the door herself and then close it. That scares me a little because I can just see those little fingers getting squished.
* She is a little OCD when it comes to closing doors. She just has to close a door if she sees that it's open.
* Apparently she has an aversion to clothes. Every time I put her down for a nap, I can pretty much count on her being completely naked when I come in to get her.
* I said I put her down for naps, but that doesn't necessarily mean she sleeps. She rarely takes naps anymore. If anyone has any advice on how to change that, I would love to hear it. She needs to sleep, she just won't.
* Last of all, she loves to take anything that is Brayden's and use it for her doll. It doesn't matter that her doll has it's own diapers, clothes, crib etc. Brayden's is just better!

1 comments:

Mike and Wendy said...

Malia loves that Addy is wearing her old skirt! I love reading about all the cute/frustrating things she does. Keep it up!